- This event has passed.
Data Scientists Without Borders: #BuildPeace
May 30, 2017Free
Session Time and Date
Tuesday, May 30th from 10am – 11am CDT
How To Attend A Live Conference Session
Steps to Follow
- Click the link below to attend: “Helping Bosnia & Herzegovina’s Resolve Social Turmoil”
- Name and Email
- Join the conference session by clicking the link on the GoToWebinar confirmation email
- The purpose of this project is to provide the medium of photography and human rights to catalyze community policy-change through youth capacity building.
- Analyze common trends of data and create tags for photos and associated voice recordings.
- As well as implement Data Scientist Without Borders to train Bosnian people on basic data science skills.
Project 1948 embodies the promotion of peace, justice, and strong institutions in Bosnia and Herzegovina, by way of a two-part model: to provide the medium of photography and human rights to catalyze community policy-change through youth capacity building. Societal inclusivity is the cornerstone of this non-profit organization. Engagement with the arts propels young adults to become community leaders, effectuate change, and strengthen their institutional representation. Project 1948’s innovative photo-voice approach to achieving sustainable development creates avenues for resource accessibility and empowers young adults to create an international dialogue in order to hold officials and institutions accountable at all levels of government.
Click here if you would like to learn more about the organization behind this UN project.